Friday, November 5, 2010

You're Not Going To Find Cherries When Digging For Potatoes.

If you expect relationships to always be 50/50... Expect to be disappointed. This is not to say that its okay if your needs are continuously not being met. In the end, it should even out. But by being there for your loved ones sometimes it requires you to put in 90, and maybe you don't always get 10 back. But you know that if there's ever times that you need 90 but you can't put in the 10- they'll be there for you. Life happens.

A friend of mine once told me that you shouldn't expect someone to complete you. I'm on the fence about this one because, I agree that you need to be whole without your partner, but you're always feeling at your best when you're with them. He says that you should be 100% with or without them, and together you make up 200%. You complement and make each other better. I agree.

Sometimes I think about what my life would be like if I hadn't moved across the country and away from home when I was 18.

I could be still living under the cocoon of my parents- but I mean this in a good way. I miss parents, and my house. I'd probably have a new car... Because my little sunfire was starting to crap out on me. And I'd probably be in the wrong relationship with the wrong guy. I have learned so much from past relationships, from other's mistakes, from books, and from mentors. Its refreshing to know that: "What I know today is nothing compared to what I will know tomorrow."

1 comment:

  1. Marley, such an insightful young woman.. You are correct in saying that "What I know today is nothing compared to what I will know tomorrow", but I believe you have a very astute inner voice which will continue to guide you in the important decisions of your life. We are all given this inner voice for a reason -- but few of us actually listen to it. You know, when you meet someone and you have an instant sense of discomfort -- that's your inner voice's way of saying "stay away". So, keep following that inner voice, Marley and I know great things will continue to come your way!

    A Toronto Mom of 3 Teens

    ReplyDelete