Thursday, November 18, 2010

No One Belongs Here More Than You

They wordlessly excused each other for not loving each other as much as they had planned to. There were empty rooms in the house where they had meant to put their love, and they worked together to fill these rooms with midcentury modern furniture.

I have started writing my book.
I am finding it interesting, the process of putting an idea I dreamed up on to paper. Lots of paper.
There are people in my life that are influencing the ideas of my book and the characters in them. Some of them are people I haven't talked to for years, or some of them are people I talk to every day. Some are best friends and some are practically strangers. I don't think these people will ever know.

Question to ponder:
How do you measure and organize your time? Do you organize your time and schedule things or just hope everything on your to-do list will fall into place?

I've been measuring my time in songs:

It takes me 1 song to blowdry my hair. 2-3 songs for my makeup. 5-6 songs to walk to school. Although, it all depends on the songs :) The new Kings of Leon album has been on repeat on my ipod lately.

Sometimes people will ask me how I make time for everything that I do, and I'm not sure how to answer that question. I don't have a magic answer. It's not effortless but it's not difficult. I have the same amount of hours in the day as everyone else. I make to-do lists, I prioritize, and just do.


Every morning I write my to-do list in an application on my phone (Lister) and put down general times that they will get done. I've found that if I hope for everything to fall into place, people want your time and the to-do list remains untouched. Make your tasks as non-negotiable as any other important thing in your life. And "EAT THAT FROG" -Brian Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment