Thursday, January 31, 2013

When You Tough It Out And Stay The Course, There’ll Come A Day When You Look Back And Seriously Wonder What All The Fuss Was About.

I'm so all over the place. I tried to lock the fridge with my car remote after putting my lunch in it this morning.

Take a deep breath. Ground yourself. Find your center. Where are you?
Universe. Milky Way. Earth. North America. Canada.
Alberta. Edmonton. My Office. Here.

Phones ringing right off our desks. Emails that come in faster than I can read them. Handfuls of entourage to coordinate, and lights and sound and music to produce.

I have a box I keep things in that I never want to lose. I wish I could put this feeling in it.

...this is what I live for :)

I could live off this adrenaline my work gives me, this buzz and vibration I've been standing on for the last few days. I also had a shot at lunch, so that might support the cause. I don't drink, but a fellow businessman bought it for me, so it was the polite thing to do. Salud!

Living in the "now" because I'm so wrapped up in what I'm doing and what I love, I don't have time to live in anything else! I could stay up here forever, but when I inevitably come down from this high, I can reassess.
This is where I am, this is where I stand, this is what I feel.

Carmel always says "I'm just trying to be the best spiritual person I can", reminding us that we're all human. We have egos. So last night when we encountered an obstacle in our work she turned to me and said "I'm trying to be spiritually pissed off!". We can feel mad, upset, anger, sadness, pain. It's about finding the positive in the negative, and acting from a place of love and honesty and authenticity.

I don't know what you've gone through. I don't know the life you've lived. I don't know what side of the bed you woke up on this morning. I don't know what life lessons you chose to learn in this lifetime.
"I don't know" is my favorite position.

I learned last night that sometimes the best thing I can do for someone who is struggling is to say "have a nice fall". If I interfere with this struggle they've chosen... I'm interfering with a lesson they've chosen to learn in this lifetime. If I try to "help" by saving them from the fall, the universe will continue to provide more learning opportunities to let them fall again. I'd rather be broken than saved from that fall. I'd rather learn my lesson hard and put my broken pieces back together myself. The first time. And then move on. When you get the lesson, that's when they'll stop trying to give it to you.

You can't build a foundation in a storm. You can try, but it will keep getting torn apart and washed away. It will take a lot of energy and it will hurt. Do what you have to do until the sun rises again and the clouds clear. Then you will get what you want.

How do I know that I don't need what I want?
Because I don't have it.


Song Of The Day: Stay- Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment