Monday, February 4, 2013

There's Only Love And What You Do With It

I remember the morning we walked through the city together. "You know," she said, leaning into me, "there's only love and what you do with it." And suddenly, like the first scent of green things at the end of winter, it was all around me. And everywhere there were people with eyes shining and it was so clear they had been there all along that I had to laugh and wonder how I ever thought we could fail.


What most people don't know about the sunrise...

Each day when the sun rises, the indescribable colors are released into the world one by one. We see the sky filled with a variety of pinks, the purples, the oranges, the beautiful colors and moments that take our breath away first thing in the morning before the sky comes to its full blue. Each vibrant color eagerly waking and bringing their story to tell and magic to unfold. It's something we've become so accustomed to that we haven't paid enough of the attention that each color deserves as it awakens with us each day.

Before society had become distracted by the morning commute, the rush to the local coffee shop, the stock exchange and getting the kids out the door, we used to take time each morning to greet and welcome each other and each color returning after they too had gone away to sleep. Good morning yellow, good morning orange, good morning pink... When the sky finally sets to blue that's when we know all the colors have awakened and are out bringing magic to the day. The sun sets each night and tucks away each color like a nurturing mother, sweetly tucking in her children to sleep. Each color brought back to the sun to rest and recuperate while we do the same, leaving us with comforting dark and the protective moon while we dream.

The thing I appreciate most about them is that they wake each morning, despite the heartache and challenges of the atmosphere we live in. Despite any longing or temptation to stay in bed and hide under the covers from the unknown challenges that may confront us. They get out of bed to bring color to the world every. single. day. And if they can, I think I can too.

So on those days I want nothing more than to stay in bed and forget about the world, my inner voice says to me: "Do you realize how far the sun has come to rise for you today? Do you realize how much the sun has seen and been through on its way to reach you? Please get up and count your blessings and be one to the world because there's someone that needs you to rise and bring color to theirs."

Every morning my alarm clock goes off and sings "You gotta get up and try, try, try"
and every morning... I do.




Ps, have you ever seen your own eyes? Look at them today, I encourage you.
Song of the day: Lost in my bedroom - Sky Ferreira

No comments:

Post a Comment