Friday, June 4, 2010

I Bought A Ticket On A Plane, And By The Time It Landed You Were Gone Again

Wherever I go, whatever I do, I wonder where I am in my relationship to you
Wherever you go, wherever you are, I watch your life play out in pictures from afar

I'm writing a story about a man who has his heart broken after his woman chooses her career over love.

At first he wouldn't get out of bed, wouldn't eat, wouldn't speak. As she travelled further across the country for her career, the distance between him and her created a distance between his head and his heart.

One day she came back to their city and the distances came together. His head and his heart were in the right place. But only briefly as it was a short business trip.

This is when he decided that he needed to be near her. He would follow her from city to city. He didn't even need to see her, just being in the same city made him feel whole again.

Eventually he runs out of money from travelling and following her around the world without holding down a job, and has no choice but to become homeless in a city that isn't even his own. And as time goes by and she inevitably travels further away, he loses himself. Again.

And when you hear stories about what happened to those less-fortunate people, you may often hear men speaking bitterly about how their woman took everything they had. Their money, their cars, their homes, their kids. And he would nod in agreement, that she took his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment