Monday, June 28, 2010

I Mostly Enjoy Pictures Of People When They Have A Sore Throat. I Think It Brings Out The Honesty In Them.

Part of me is glass, and also, I love you.

I like stories about people who are lonely. I've started to realize that all my favorite books are about people that are lonely.
Time Traveler's Wife, Extremely Loud Incredibly Close, The History Of Love...
they're all about people who are lonely and struggling.

She talks about the underground tunnel that is dug between the minds of two people who have read and been moved by the same book, and the unsuspected current that runs between them. And there is this sense in The History of Love that these people have all been in some way moved, their lives have all been changed by this book and it becomes the vehicle, the tunnel and the way out of their loneliness.



When I was in high school, as a final assignment for "Catcher in the Rye" I wrote Holden Caulfield's eulogy. I killed him with an aneurysm. I believe that he thought too much and had so much thought that he couldn't express that his brain eventually exploded.

It's possible. I think all of our emotional stresses lead to physical stresses. Sadness that you carry will affect your lungs. Anger that you hold on to will affect your heart. Fear and anxiety affect your kidneys. Overthinking and worrying will affect your stomach. Listen to your body when you get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment