Friday, January 8, 2010

Alarm Clocks and Coffee

TGIF!! "I hope you have a very nice weekend. Maybe someone will catch your eye and you'll both smile and that'll be that. No complications. No heartbreak. Just that one warm moment! OR Maybe you'll get wicked laid. It's a magical world"

I started this blog 11 days ago and we're at 1000 hits!!! Thank you so much!
It's the weekend. Tiffany and I are going for dinner with Matt Zhou. I have to study. I have to buy new video-editing software. I have to submit myself for more auditions. I have to prepare for my new role coming up very soon! I have to meet with my new vocal coach. I have to mail some letters that have been lying around. I have to avoid the boy at the post office. I have to stop putting myself in awkward situations. I have to remember to use my fake name when I put myself in awkward situations. I have remember to stop putting myself in awkward situations where I have to use my fake name.

When I first moved to Toronto, I changed my phone number to the local area code. I went to Rogers with my dad and Tiffany and spent a few minutes talking to the Rogers employee about phones and things to do in Toronto since I was new to the city. We successfully changed my phone number and we were on our way. A few minutes later I got my first text message on my new phone number... FROM THE ROGERS EMPLOYEE. "I'd love to show you around town since you're new, maybe I can take you out sometime..". I didn't reply because, well, that's weird. And unprofessional for him. He sent a few more in the next few hours saying "I wish I would have asked you in person, but I wasn't sure if I should in front of your dad" and "I hope you don't think this is weird, I just felt a real connection with you".
Thank you sir, but the only connection I'd like is my phone connection. I walked into Rogers today to ask about my data plan. Apparently he's still working there. ...I'll go back another time.

Whoa, this blew my mind. It's called "Killing Bono"
Some are born great. Some achieve greatness.
Some have greatness thrust upon them.
And some have the misfortune
to go to school with Bono

It's a movie based on the autobiography book, also called "Killing Bono" written by Neil McCormick. It's about the McCormick brothers who went to school in Ireland and started a band at the same time as some of their other friends... These others turned out to be the extremely successful U2. The book tells the story of how he's been living in U2's shadows ever since. Robert Sheehan and Ben Barnes (who I've met and is very handsome) will be playing the McCormick brothers. I who wonder could play Bono. Any suggestions?
If you're a big U2 fan, you should definitley check out the book. The title makes it seem dark and maybe psychotic, but its more like a U2 biography, but told from a luckless man on the side, watching everything go right for them as the whole world around him fell apart. Sometimes it is life's losers who have the most interesting tales to tell.


Am I a bad person for liking this new song by Chris Brown? I have to admit, I feel guilty. He says the song isn't about Rihanna, but after you listen to the lyrics and see the music video starring a girl that somewhat resembles her... you be the judge. After their breakup and the restraining order, he posted a video on youtube with a song he wrote for her called "Changed Man".. but I'm so glad that Rihanna has moved on to a much classier, Matt Kemp.


Today's Entertainment News
  • Today is Elvis Presley's birthday. He would have been 75 today.
  • Camille Guaty is engaged to british songwriter Sy Rhys Kaye
  • Taylor Lautner was announced to be Hollywood's highest paid teen actor
  • Gerard Butler was cleared of the battery charges he would have faced from getting into a fight with a photographer. If convicted, he would have spent a few months in jail.
  • It's about time... Hannah Montana show is coming to an end.
  • Sarah Chalke, from scrubs, had a baby boy. Congrats!
  • American Idol starts soon, with new judge, Ellen DeGeneres. The show will also feature a set of guest judges, including Victoria Beckham, Joe Jonas, Shania Twain, Avril Lavigne, and Kristin Chenoweth
  • Bob Saget will be starting a new TV show called "Bob Saget's Strange Days". It will follow him travelling and exploring unusual cultures. He'll be experiencing mail order brides, a frat rush, Burning Man, and he will also join a survivalist cult preparing for the end of the world.
  • Taylor Swift!!!! It never ends! She has been announced as the top-selling digital artist in history! 
Did you see Steve Carell's acceptance speech at the People's Choice Award? It's clever and amusing and full of "Thats what she said"'s...

5 comments:

  1. you seem a lot more talkative on the internet than in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I haven't heard that before. Depends on how well I know you, or how often we've met, Mr/Miss anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! And I disagree with anonymous, this blog is totes you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatap anonymous creepy person?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and Amuzing! I got creepy texts when I got my phone too... I just sent bizzar texts back to them to throw them off. Love the Steve Carell Thank you speach!

    ReplyDelete