Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions = Results

January first. Time for the city of twenty-somethings to get off the lawns they woke up on, and spend the next two months drawing a line through the 2011 they just wrote and writing 2012 underneath it.


Thanks 2010 for the memories. The year was dominated once again by Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, and featured the bedroom intruder song by Antoine Dodson, and the double rainbow guy. In 2011 I also hope I can come to terms with the fact that I will never be as cool as Willow Smith.

I read a quote today saying: "I find it ironic that the majority of New Years resolutions are heavily focused on health and wellness, yet so many people start the year hungover."
...something to ponder.

If it's true that the way you spend New Year's Eve is an indication of how you will spend your year, I spent it at a house party with some of my best friends and of course my wonderful boyfriend. It was a tad confusing when I was being called by the wrong name by the strangers I met that night-- so what does that foreshadow for my year? It started when I introduced myself as "Marley... like the dog", anticipating them to clarify with reference to the book/movie "Marley and Me". Unfortunately, in their intoxication, the statement was misunderstood and confused with the homeowner's dog named Oreo, which resulted in me being called Oreo all night.

Either way it was fun-- although New Year's Eve always seems to be a forced night of fun. And then there's all the pressure for resolutions, which should be made at any time not just the beginning of the year. Whenever they are made though, I am happy to support you through it.

As some of you know I own a fitness business and love coaching others to reach their fitness goals. I have clients all over North America that I work with to stay accountable to their goals. I'm doing a 30 day fitness challenge for FREE for anyone who is interested. Join me and let's make those new years eve resolutions new years results. Send me an email for details: marleylynng@beachbodycoach.com
It doesn't matter what your program is, if it's p90x, turbo fire, Biggest loser wii game, your own gym/cardio schedule, let's do this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment