Sunday, January 9, 2011

You Always Hurt The Ones You Love


You always hurt the ones you love, the one you shouldn't hurt at all
You always take the sweetest rose, and crush it until the petals fall.
You always break the kindest hearts, with a hasty word you can't recall.
And if I broke your heart last night it's because I love you most of all


I have never cried so much from a movie. Other than award shows, I am normally very stable in my emotions while watching television. Why award shows bring me to tears is another story-- watching people's dreams come true on national television is so heartwarming and has me bawling my eyes out. I saw the movie Blue Valentine last night and couldn't stop thinking about it since I left the theatre. I even tweeted: "I'll tell you how amazing this movie is when and if I stop crying".

Well, I've stopped crying.

It's the kind of movie that leaves you in awe. You leave the theatre feeling so sad you're numb, and not sure if you should cry, but eventually break down in your car sitting in the parking lot. I've never been so touched by a movie. I actually cried for the majority of the way home, with my boyfriend offering ice cream and treats to convince me to stop.

When we watch movies we empathize with the characters, and that must be why I was so moved. I felt so angry and frustrated and sad and heartbroken. I had stomach pains just like I feel in real life when I come into situations dealing with anxiety.

Sadness, things falling apart, toxic love. It's so fascinating to me. Definitely one of my new favorite movies... which will need to be watched with plenty of kleenex on hand next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment