Thursday, February 14, 2013

“Love Is The Easiest Thing There Is. It’s The Layers Of Doubt, Fear, And Expectation That Make It Complicated.” - Luanne Rice

There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling rain and remember it is enough to be taken care of by myself
Storybook People


Today, February 14th, Valentines Day 2013, I am celebrating self-care. I celebrate my accomplishments, decisions, and especially my mistakes. Mistakes are tuition.

We've all had the time-machine fantasies but I wouldn't change a single thing, not even in the slightest. I am loving my growing pains. I am patting myself on the back for the love I have experienced, received, given, and lost. Accepting that sometimes I will be the one to love more, longer, put my entire heart into, and still lose. I am grateful for the loss. Knowing what it means to fall, crash, hurt, and recover. Reminding myself that you can't help others by neglecting yourself. To leave and let go of what no longer fulfils you. That you don't stay for the sake of staying. Just to prove that you could. Carrying on in a sinking ship is not bravery.

When you don't succeed in that relationship, or getting that job, promotion, or house... you wake up one day thinking Thank God he was not the one. Thank God I didn't get that job. Thank God I don't live that life I once thought I wanted... Let go of the why and the how, and trust that everything you want is on its way to you, and the Universe always has better plans for you than you're even capable of dreaming up... but first you have to get out of the way.

Song Of The Day: In Real Life - Demi Lovato

No comments:

Post a Comment