Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye

Hello Internet,
How are you feeling today? Did you sleep well?
I already know the answers to that. Do you even have feelings, internet? And I know the internet doesn't sleep. What would the world do for the 6-8 hours that the internet tucked itself into its little internet bed? What a responsibility you have, internet. I feel for you.

I spent my day on Whyte ave. I went to an organic restaurant, gave my leftovers to a homeless man, and spent the rest of my morning in a book store. I impusively bought a copy of Time Traveler's Wife even though I already have it. That puts my total of copies of that book I've bought to 14. No, I don't have 14 copies of that book lying around. Just 3. I buy this book as a present for people who I feel need to read this book and observe the brilliance in it. Anyway, this book does something to me.

JOHN MAYER. Amazing man. I'd love to spend a day inside his head and find out what goes on in there. He's the most brilliant artist I've come across- have you seen him in interviews or dissected his lyrics? I can't figure him out. But I don't think I want to. His lyrics are emotional and heartbreaking. I wish him all the best in his personal life, but if he was to settle down and be happy with a woman, his songs would take a huge turn. I'm relying on you, Mayer, to put heartbreak into words better than I ever could. He's a complex man. He doesn't settle and maybe he takes a little pleasure in the pain of an aching heart. Why not? It leads him to write all those songs, and in my opinion, I think he loves those songs and his career more than he'll ever love a woman. Maybe he does it on purpose. Maybe he sabotages good relationships to get heartbreak and inspiration from it.
I read in an interview:
"I can’t even explain to you how terrible that feels, that I equate dating a woman with punishment, shame, guilt, disappointment, reproach, reprimand, persecution. It’s a nightmare."
This really tugged at the heartstrings. I'm not jaded or heartbroken or anything... but I totally get this. Johnny needs a hug.
Check out his new album "Battle Studies". Specifically the song,
"All we ever do is say Goodbye"
"I bought a ticket on a plane, and by the time it landed, you were gone again"

 Today's Entertainment News
  • Alison Goldfrapp has come out and announced she is a lesbian
  • Charlie Sheen was arrested on Christmas Day, reports saying now that he threatened his new wife Brooke Mueller with a knife. Someone needs marriage counselling. Communication is key, Charlie.
  • Kanye west and girlfriend Amber Rose spotted serving food to the homeless at Los Angeles Mission Center.. Very nice of you Mister West.
  • Rumors that Taylor Squared have broken up.. Did we ever know for sure that they were together? The deal was, Lautner liked TSwizzle more than she liked him, she's a hopeless romantic, blahblahblah.. Will there be new Swift songs inspired by this relationship?
  • Kevin Jonas wedding pictures are being released. Google 'em if you please. Or don't. Exclusive footage of the wedding will be featured on Access Hollywood on December 30th and January 1st.
  • Dancing with the Stars champ, Helio Castroneves, welcomes a baby girl with girlfriend Adriana Henao.
  • Van Morrison welcomes a son, George Ivan Morrison III, with his wife Gigi.
  • Bristol Palin has filed for sole custody of son, Tripp... I'd be concerned too if my babydaddy went off and did a playgirl shoot as a cry for attention. Revenge Levi? Stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment