Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wrapped In Piano Strings

People are trying to outdo each other with being pretty. It is sunny, and the fortune cookies have been promising great things. I invented new drinks at a party and walked the long way home in the middle of the night.

It's an interesting concept; to break down walls that you didn't know were there. The reason we put walls up are to guard ourselves from others, when sometimes what we really need is just to let them in.

I called home this morning because it was my grandparent's 55th wedding anniversary yesterday. If you know me, you'd know that my Baba and Gido mean the world to me and that I wear a locket with their picture in it. Today on the phone, my gido was too emotional to speak. So we kind of just cried for a moment. And then said "I'll see you soon".

I have never been homesick in my life until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment