Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dreams feel real while we're in them. Its only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange

I saw inception last night, which I highly recommend. It got me thinking so much.

Why do we have dreams in the first place? Why is it that our brain plays out scenarios while we sleep? Is it to solve the problem we encounter in our wake? Is it to let us go quietly insane for a few hours a night? I suppose that's my guess. With all the things we deal with during the day, maybe our dreams are a release, or an escape. Last night before I went to bed I was thinking about everything in my life... which can be overwhelming to do when you're trying to sleep. But then when I woke up this morning all the stress automatically seems less and what I was worrying about before doesn't matter as much after a full night's sleep.

Anyway, I was wondering if I was on the right path in life, and wondering what I'm going to do with my life. I always have a lot going on and I like it like that, but then I thought, maybe I should just focus on one thing. Just stop putting energy into so many different things and just focus all my energy on one. But then I thought about my personality and realized I wouldn't like that very much. I'd always be looking for something more to do.

And then in the middle of thinking all this, my boyfriend, half asleep and not knowing what I was thinking about, said something, and I took it as a sign. He said:
"I'm going to tell you something. There was a man who was told: if you could write a story with only 6 words... What would it be?
And after thinking for a while he came back with this response:
'Baby shoes. For sale. Never worn'"

Ponder that. And respond with your thoughts.
And no, I'm not having a baby or buying shoes. Think deeper.

1 comment:

  1. A dream can have many levels
    so your life can also

    Just make sure you have a good crew of friends around you and a great 'kick' to wake you up once and a while

    ReplyDelete