Sunday, October 17, 2010

Surprise!

Surprise parties are very overdone here in Ontario. I have never attended a legitimate surprise birthday party when I lived in Edmonton, but now it seems like every birthday party I am invited to in Toronto is a surprise party. It happens so much that I'm not sure how people aren't expecting and anticipating their own surprise parties.

My birthday is coming up and I've told everyone: do not throw me a party. But of course if they tell me they won't, I can't believe them. And if they tell me they are going to anyway, I can't believe them when they say that either. For the whole month of November I am going to feel paranoid every time I enter a room. I will enter my condo and search the place before I settle in. Behind the couch, in the cupboards, under the table... And then I will even check the back seat of the car before going anywhere-- this is good practice anytime, even when its not your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment