Thursday, October 7, 2010

All Of Us Are Born With A Set Of Instinctive Fears - Of Falling, Of The Dark, Of Lobsters, Of Falling On Lobsters In The Dark...

"What if it isn't me?"
"Then we have a lobster problem"

Have you ever heard that myth that lobsters have only one love and that they mate for life? I think I've heard the same for penguins, but then I also heard something about some penguins that have the same role as prostitutes, so I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I also tried to google it, and all I found were recipes and restaurants.

Do you believe that there is one person for everyone?
Do you believe that everyone has a soul mate and when they meet they'll just know?

But what if the person you think is the one, is unavailable? Do you wait for them because you're certain they're perfect for you? What if they're not? And what if that day never comes?

I think a really important thing that individuals should determine in a relationship is:
Are you in love with the person?
Are you in love with what the person has to offer?
Are you in love with just the feeling of being in love?

We cannot ignore the blatant statistics and rampant unhappiness around us. These things undoubtedly point to the fact that we suck at attempting to find who we want to spend the rest of our lives with

No comments:

Post a Comment