Friday, October 29, 2010

Smile, Breathe, and Go Slowly

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not quite, the not yet, the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours

Today I met a wonderful doctor that I spent the afternoon shadowing. When he spoke it was like he was reading out of a philosophy book, but these were all his words. At one point he said to me:

"If you're willing to stand on your head, you can do anything."

I'm not sure if I really know what that means, but I'm willing to.

1 comment:

  1. Erm.. Lady... Those are Ayn Rand's lines.. The ones in Italics I mean... Hope the Doc mentioned that! :P

    P.S. Neat Blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete