Friday, January 15, 2010

Today Is Friday. After This We Will Have One Less Friday Left. Govern Yourselves Accordingly

Friday comes once a week! I like Fridays. I like the fact that new movies open today. They're a gift, to start the weekend off. Movie opening night is like Christmas Eve, with its early gift because you're too excited to wait. And Friday night is the night before Halloween, too. Devil's Night. Friday Night is for burning things. For throwing yourself full-on into a mailbox, so that it falls over, with you on top of it. That's a crime, but it's a crime to have never tried it, either. Also, Friday night is the best night to read comic books. Other people are out burning the city down and vandalizing federal property, and you are just snuggled right inside with just about the silliest comic book ever. Actually every day is like Friday, I guess! I just like being alive.


It seems weird that I can say I have readers, but with almost 2000 hits in just under 3 weeks of blogging, I guess I have readers. I've been debating how long I can continue with blogging. I've been going so hard at it for the last 3 weeks and it has been amazing for me, but I know that it has to come to an end one day. I don't even know who reads this. So to my readers: don't feel self conscious or creepy by commenting on the blog postings or sending me a message. Same with facebook stuff. I put it out there to be seen. I don't care if we don't talk much, if we're not great friends, if I haven't seen you in years, or maybe I don't even know you. I'd love to hear from you. I got a message yesterday that almost brought me to tears, thanking me for the words because it made this person feel lighter and helped them through some darkness. I can't even tell you how good that made me feel. It really encourages me to continue. To look deeper and write further and blog harder. So I will.

--Other things that I will continue to do:
Write, sing, audition, get over my fear of revolving doors (both physically and metaphorically), spend my nights with a glass of wine, long distance phone calls and Walter Matthau movies.
--Things that I will START to do:
...Sleep?
I write about my lack of sleep enough in my blog that the little ads that come up in the side of my blog are about insomnia and sleep techniques and therapy. Did you know that I make money every time someone clicks on one of those ads? I'm up to 13 dollars! Mama's gonna buy some bliiiiing!!! ...or maybe pay off my credit card bill from all the books and Walter Matthau movies I've been buying. OH and I didn't mention that I bought a piano a few days ago. EEEEEE!! <--- This is me squealing in excitement.

I'm also super excited because this is a busy weekend for me! I have a vocal lesson this afternoon and will be filming TWO different music videos on Sunday and Monday. Wish me luck ;)

I'm now going to go to sleep for a million years and wake up tomorrow morning.

Today's Entertainment News
  • Matthew Morrison (Glee) signed a recording deal with Mercury Records and has his first album coming out in the fall 
  • Avatar sequel is officially in the works after they just hit $1 billion overall in earnings
  • Matt Leblanc (Joey from Friends) has a new TV show coming out soon, called "Episodes" a sitcom which stars him playing himself on a sitcom about himself getting hired to be on a sitcom starring himself.... confused? It looks pretty funny. But have you seen him lately? He's looking a little.. old.
  • Katy Perry would like everyone to know that even though she and Russell Brand got engaged so quickly, she is NOT pregnant
  • Rue McClanahan (Golden Girls) suffered a stroke yesterday. She is recovering well in her nursing home.
  • Claudia Schiffer is pregnant with third child, due in May
  • Lady Gaga had to cancel a concert last night. She tweeted that she was dizzy and that paramedics said she had an irregular heartbeat due to dehydration and exhaustion. The stage also had some mechanical problems, so combined with her health issue, Gaga may have been in danger had she performed. She tweeted that she was crying for hours for letting her fans down. A make-up concert has already been scheduled for January 26th

PS, I can't stop laughing. I just read that the "G" in G-string stands for "groin"
It seems less sexy now.

5 comments:

  1. Like a great T.V. show, stop at your highest point and no further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could ask your readers, collect data, use number and such. But personally you'll know in your heart of hearts when the time to stop is upon you.
    I find that when I stop something spontaneously that more doors open; than if I hmmm and haaa.
    Sorry, no cut and dry... just more foggy outlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going! I clicked the links, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy!! Thank you Calvin! Haha I was wondering how my balance jumped up to $30 in one day!

    ReplyDelete