Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All I Ever Wanted Was A Brain Full Of Ideas, Dangerous And Wrong.

What is being awake if not interpreting our dreams, or dreaming if not interpreting our wake?

Before I get into it, let me just say how awesome it is to have a friend that pulls an all-nighter with me from across the country, texting me corny jokes to keep me company and keep me entertained while I study :)
"What do you call two Mexicans playing basketball? ...Juan on Juan"

A friend and I passed notes back and forth in class, the same way I used to in high school. It started out with extremely open ended questions, and vague nonsense answers. Then it evolved into this deep conversation: What happens after you die, why we dream, heaven and hell, life goals, struggles, the significance of struggles, the conflict of settling...
It was probably one of the best note-passing conversations I've ever had.

"If there was a God, He wouldn't let us suffer the way we do".
Wrong. (In my opinion). We are meant to suffer. If there were no struggles, we wouldn't have the relief and happiness and pride when we overcome them. We wouldn't grow because we wouldn't learn from them. There's no way to escape struggle. Even when you reach the top of that mountain you've been climbing, you'll still want to go higher. That being said, it's very important to look around to enjoy and appreciate the scenery every minute of it.

I wonder how many people actually accomplish their goals and dreams in their lifetime. One of my worst fears is settling. But at the same time, its hard to find the courage to let yourself struggle when there's something good in front of you, and you may be letting good things for your life pass you by. It's a risk- thats why we need to find the courage to keep climbing.

It would be a struggle either way. I would struggle to accomplish my dreams, but I would also struggle to accept that I settled for less. I guess just by saying that, I've spelled it out for myself. Don't always go with the safe option just because it's safe.

Be dangerous.

Wear a helmet or something.

Today's Entertainment News
  • P-Diddy spent $360,000 on a car for his 16-year-old kid.. so uh, how much did your first car cost?
  • Celine Dion may be pregnant again. She recently had a miscarriage a few months ago while trying for their second child.
  • John Travolta piloted a plane last night to Haiti with earthquake relief
  • CBS renewed Survivor for two more seasons after "Heroes vs Villains" which begins February 11th.
  • Jessica Simpson has started a campaign to send 50,000 pairs of shoes to Haiti. http://www.50000shoes.com/
  • Justin Timberlake is beginning an eyewear line. Sunglasses and prescription glasses.
  • The cast of Jersey Shore showed up at a bar in Jersey this past weekend that could only hold 800...  2000 people showed up. Chaos ensued
  • The cast of Jersey Shore may be in trouble for next season. They're bargaining for a raise in their pay but MTV is hesitant to meet their demands.
IN OTHER NEWS,
My dad-- who is more popular with my age group than I am because of his hockey work-- FINALLY got a cell phone. Finally! What year is it?! It's about time! Welcome to the club, pops.
But seriously, its weird when I go to a party and more people know my dad than they know me.

 you too can be a fan of my dad (Reinier "Legendary Moustache" Groeneveld) on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. There is a guy that gets on my bus, every now and then, who wears a helmut. I believe it's for medical reasons, but I pretend he's a "Super Hero."

    ReplyDelete