Saturday, January 23, 2010

In The End, Life Is Surely Only As Good As The Ditches You Wake Up In

"I'm teaching myself to believe in the things I don't understand,
I don't even know if they're true.. but that's what dreamers do"


I'm dealing with some stuff right now that I know is going to be a turning point in my life. I feel better when I look at things that way. To know that in the future, I'll look back on this moment and think "That's when it all turned around." or "That's why I am who I am today". No matter how much things may really really really suck, it's true. I can list at least 3 moments from the last 5 years where this has worked its magic on me.

There is no worse feeling than cold feet. Physically and metaphorically. The best lesson I can relay to you is not to run away, because you always take your heart with you and you’re going to feel it wherever you go. A few months ago I went away for a few days hoping for an escape. I ended up cutting the trip short because it was less comforting to be in a foreign city with no one I knew or at least my own bed to curl up in.

I think my skin has thickened a lot since I moved to Toronto. Exponentially. I used to focus on pleasing others, which hurt me a lot. I wonder who I would be today if I didn't have to put up with the hurt I had earlier in my life. I can honestly say, probably not anything like I am now. I'm in a good place. I like who I am. I love who I am.

I hope you take your own advice and do the things you told me to do. Even the love guru himself needs to stop and listen to the same morals he's been preaching.
"Don't make someone your other half. Don't be 50%. Be 100% with or without them"
In my eyes you're 100%. I hope it doesn't take too long for you to see it too.

Today's Entertainment News

  • LAST NIGHT! Did you watch Hope for Haiti or Canada for Haiti?! In less than an hour, Canada raised 2.5 Million. By the end of the night, Canada raised $19 million
  • Hope For Haiti: they haven't released exactly how much they raised during the telethon. You can buy the music that was performed on iTunes with all proceeds going to Hope For Haiti

  • The Killers have extended their hiatus and postponed their tour to Asia due to "unforseen circumstances"
  • Steven Tyler was seen in a random pub in California doing karaoke to his own song, " Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" I REALLY hope a video of this surfaces
  • Jay Leno is booked to be a gust on Oprah on January 28th.
Bye Conan =(

3 comments:

  1. YELL it from the roof top girl,
    SCREAM it on the street.
    Shred up all the past excusses,
    and lay down a new BEAT!

    ReplyDelete