Saturday, January 2, 2010

The End of Missing Someone

If you can't hurt, you can't heal.

I went to starbucks this morning and ordered a passion tea lemonade... They said they didn't have any more passion. Hm, sad.

I'm heading back to Toronto tonight. I'm both sad and relieved to leave Edmonton...
There's a difference between Toronto-Marley and Edmonton-Marley. I've had to ask myself a few times: "would Toronto-Marley do that?" And if she wouldn't, then I don't do that thing.

I had an amazing time at home in Edmonton. Every night was filled with excitement and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Every moment. Back to Toronto and back to business. I'm gonna hit the ground running and not stop until... Well, I suppose my next trip to Edmonton. February.
I have to pack. I have to remember to bring everything. Especially my keys- or I'm gonna have a hard time getting into my condo.

Last time I was at the airport I started thinking about what would happen if you met the love of your life at an airport. An interesting concept. You don't know if they're arriving or departing. Domestic or international. Where they've been to before. How much baggage they've checked...The most exciting thing about meeting the love of your life at an airport is the fact that you'll probably never see them again. That way, this person can be whoever you want them to be. They could be a sloppy, conceited, inconsiderate hunk of junk who disrespects their mother.. but all you know is that they have gorgeous eyes and likes a venti caramel macchiato while they read the new york times and when your eyes meet your heart flutters a little bit.

I've always wanted to walk out of the doors of an airport to have loved ones anxiously waiting, excited to welcome me. Every time I arrive to the airport, I always find myself waiting for whoever is coming to pick me up. But its okay. Its nice to observe the rest of the people and their interaction. I like to see people reunited. Maybe that's a silly thing, but what can I say.. I like to see people run into each other, I like the kissing and the crying. I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all of the change...I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.

Today's Entertainment News
  • Today is a palindrome day. 01-02-2010 .. same way forwards as it is backwards
  • Elton John has been helping Eminem- yes, rapper eminem- with his drug problem for the last year and a half. That's really sweet of Elton. He says he wants to help those who need it and speaks openly about his own substance abuse in the past
  • Fox had threatened to pull the signal from 14 TV stations it owns, affecting over 6 million viewers. Fox granted a brief extension but negotiations are still continuing
  • Shania Twain carried the Olympic torch the final 400 yards and lit the Olympic cauldron
  • U2 tops the list of best tours, beating out Elton John, Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers, Metallica... HELL YES U2! ...Hey, remember that time I hung out with Bono in his car?

1 comment: