Monday, January 11, 2010

I Hope Blizzards Strand You All In Adventure

A POEM ABOUT LOVE AND HATE IN THE INFORMATION AGE
10010111000101101001
10010010101010101001101010
1010010110LOVE101001001
100101011010010010101001
11010010100101010101010
0101100101HATE0101001010
01001010010101001010

THINGS ARE WONDERFUL AND EXCITING AND LIFE IS SO GOOD RIGHT NOW! (Minus the embryology/histology exam I'm about to write)

Yesterday I had my first vocal lesson. My vocal coach is an amazing man who makes me feel confident and I very much look forward to working with him more and more. His studio is on church street, smack dab in the middle of the gaybourhood. (who says 'smack dab'?) I love walking down this street. People are so friendly and men are so good looking... do I even need to tell you where my conflict lies with the last statement? I loved the street moreso yesterday than ever. Winter in January in Toronto, is like Spring in Edmonton. The streets are dry except for the few grey piles of snow in the gutters, scarves are for fashion rather than for warmth, and the icicles and snowpiles on the roof are melting down the walls of buildings... which is romantic I guess. Waterfalls down the sides of coffeeshops.

I DIGRESS... my vocal coach is also RACHEL MCADAM'S vocal coach. This is very exciting for me because I love Rachel McAdams. She is probably today's most successful Canadian actress, and I aspire to be like her. Anyway, my first vocal lesson was great. He told me when I first came in that I have the skull of a soprano and the neck of a mezzo-soprano. Good to know? He is also very animated when he speaks which makes these lessons so fun for me. He told me that when I breathe in and my diaphragm lowers like an elevator, my organs are like "aaahhhhhh!" and move out of the way. This man is amazing.

We worked on finding out where my vocals are since it's been a long time since I've had any vocal training. For anyone that understands musical lingo: the highest I reached was an F6, and the lowest was an F#3. One semitone short of three octaves. Look out, Mariah Carey. (Kidding)

After my vocal lesson I had to rush to an audition. It's for a music video that I fell in love with when I heard of the idea. My audition went well. They liked my headshot and there were a lot of laughs so I hope that means I was entertaining. I always seem to get random questions in auditions. This time, in their last question they asked what my favorite video game is. I said Duck Hunt. You found your girl, right? Perfect.
In my last audition they asked what my guilty pleasure was, to which I replied: "JONAS BROTHERS". I may have lost the part just because of that.. but thats why its called a GUILTY pleasure!!
I had a boyfriend once that asked me if, given the chance, I would leave him for a Jonas Brother. The nice answer in this situation would be "No sweetie of course not." but the realistic answer would be "Uh, yeah? Obviously." Am I right?


In other news, my roommate hid my kazoo from me. Maybe she's mad at me cause I tried to set her up with another random man in the elevator.

It's been a looong few days. Perhaps I will try to be in bed by 8... so I can lay there for hours, pretending to be dreaming. Was it something I said, sleep? Come back to me. Give me another chance. I'll change for you. I'll do better this time.

Today's Entertainment News
  • NBC confirmed that the Jay Leno show at 10pm will end on Feb 12th.
  • There'e some speculation that Enrique Iglesias and girlfriend Anna Kournikova are expecting..
  • Lindsay Lohan was involved in a car accident with some paparazzi.. apparently her driver ran over one?
  • Michael Buble is ENGAGED to Luisana Lopilato. They met at one of his concerts and she starred in his music video for "Just Haven't Met You Yet"
  • Olivia Newton John is the next star to join the cast of Glee for a guest appearance
  • Glee has been renewed for a second season!!
  • Star Trek sequel has been announced: June 29, 2012
  • Simon Cowell confirms that this will be his last season of Idol so he can focus on bringing X-Factor to America... Just last week, new judge, Ellen DeGeneres said that if Simon goes, she goes. No Simon or Ellen? Nobody wants to watch a show with just Randy Jackson. Sorry Dog.
These are 8 minutes I'll never get back, but Lady Gaga tweeted this herself. It's a video reenactment of "Bad Romance" that these kids obviously put a lot of time and effort into

1 comment:

  1. lauren Girrrrrrrrl ;)January 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM

    i am disappointed that your poem doesn't translate. i put it into a binary translator. yes they have those.

    when i was like 8 i had the opportunity to be vocal coached (?) by the person who coached the voice actress playing belle in beauty and the beast... my childhood idol... someone remind me why i didn't take this opportunity?!

    ReplyDelete