Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ghost's Hour: Spook's Hour

Well, I did it. I jumped out of a plane at 12,500 feet!!!



Next up on conquering fears: My fear of the dark. I know, its pretty ridiculous.
My boyfriend and I have an air mattress set up at my parents' basement at the moment. (If you may recall, they knocked down my bedroom within 6 months of me moving.) Anyway, I'm terrified of my basement and I'm not sure where I'm going to sleep for the next two weeks after he goes home tomorrow.

Any advice for getting over a fear of the dark? Other than... "grow up, use a night-light, suck it up, etc." Seriously! I don't know what I'm afraid of. Ghosts? Intruders? The boogeymonster?

I guess when you're facing a fear, one of the best things to do is just jump right into it-- or out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've never been afraid of the dark... But I know that when I was working on getting over my fear, I had to do it very gradually. Are you ever in the dark? Or do you sleep with the lights on? If you're never in the dark, at least by yourself, start just staying in it for a few minutes at a time, focusing on being calm, thinking happy thoughts, whatever. When you feel yourself start to get scared, try to block those thoughts out, or just turn the light back on. Also, when you're not actually in the dark, visualize yourself laying sleeping, looking around, and walking in the dark room. Do that until you can easily visualize it without having any uneasiness. Also, constantly remind yourself that there really isn't anything to be scared of. There aren't any ghosts or boogeymen, so you'll be okay. :) Hope that helps, and good luck with getting over that fear. I think it's awesome that you went skydiving! That's definitely something that I want to do.

    ReplyDelete