Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whispers For Secrets

I walked around uptown today for almost 2 hours talking to myself, and hoping I wouldn't see anyone I knew. I avoided my own reflection in the store front windows, and thought about the time you told me you always check my horoscope too.

Sometimes its the wrong people
that notice
how much you do
or how much you go out of your way
or tell you
how successful you'll be
or how proud they are of you
or care to
answer their phones
send the occasional message
reply to the occasional message

I don't think it ever ends-- letting go. It's unfortunate that sometimes we have to go through a process of losing in order to gain.

WORST KEPT SECRET OF THE DAY:
Metric will be playing a "secret gig" at Union subway station tomorrow (August 4th) at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment