Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kiss Me Goodbye, I'm Defying Gravity

I found some train tracks through Toronto, a parking lot for a picnic at two in the morning, things to be sad about but hopeful, choices that back up what we say, playgrounds to climb on, roofs to scratch elbows against, cars to jump over, warnings to leave for others

Yesterday I wrote a story about the fat lady. Not just any fat lady. THE Fat lady. You know the one... "It's not over until the fat lady sings". I wrote a story about her, and how she's taking revenge and waiting until you least expect it to jump out and end things.
Like right in the middle of a romantic dinner--- It's over.
Right at the good part in an action/suspense movie--- It's over.

Speaking of romantic dinner... It's my boyfriend's birthday today! I think I'm more excited for it than he is, because I have huge surprise plans!! ...which I was about to post on here-- cause its not like he reads this anyway-- but I'll post everything this weekend (possibly with pictures) when it's all over.

In other news, did you know that the United States tried to rename French Fries to Freedom Fries when the congress of the USA had an argument with France??

It's like if there was an independent nation called heroin and we got mad at it and we were like "We're renaming heroin freedom". The nation of heroin would probably be like, "Thank you!"

...the things you learn from Nerd Fighters.

1 comment:

  1. Let's not get carried away with the dumb american rhetoric here. A few SOUTHERN fools tried to rename french fries to freedom fries. Don't lump us all in with the idiot tree.

    ReplyDelete