Sunday, February 21, 2010

Living In A Nightmare Is The Best Part Of My Day, Indeed.

Trying is lying. There is no such thing as trying. You do it or you don't. You get results in life or you have excuses why you didn't. When people say, 'I'll try,' they usually mean, 'I'm not going to do it now'

Sometimes, just before my nightmares become nightmares, it feels like I understand. So when I wake up, all sweating and jumpy, I feel like I've misplaced something, and I sit there frustrated, trying to think past the dark, or the relentlessness.

There's something about my dishwasher that soothes me to sleep. It's the loudest friggen thing, but somehow the swishing around of water and the plates that I carelessly threw in that are now clunking together, really relaxes me. I used to have a humidifier that I didn't even need, but the noise helped me not to get distracted in my late night thoughts. It was really old and huge, and sounded like a garborator - even though I only just recently found out what a garborator is. Maybe next time I have trouble sleeping I'll turn on the dishwasher and go sleep on the couch.

Theres a baby bottle of milk and a few sticks of dynamite in my purse, which means that today I'm filming with Comedy Made Short. And then I'll be packing to head back home to Edmonton :)
I'm so excited to see my family and best friends. I'm really looking forward to arriving at the airport, walking out those doors and... waiting for my mom to show up at the airport because she's never on time for these things. But I will have a heart full of joy when I get into the car and see mcdonalds breakfast on the passenger seat waiting for me. And if I'm lucky, a thermos full of milk. mmm :)

Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. How could you not know what a garburator was? Did you live in a bubble your whole life.... with no internet access??

    ReplyDelete