Friday, May 14, 2010

Grief Never Mended Broken Bones

I'm not trying to be sassy or anything, but I literally saved a life the other day and prevented a woman from going into glycemic shock. And then this happened. As my dad would say: No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm currently typing with one hand.
I'm currently high on percocet
I've literally got an itch that I can't scratch
I'm worried about the next few weeks of my life
I'm angry at myself for letting this happen
And I'm really going to have to learn to be ambidextrous.



I'm really appreciative for everyone sending me their well wishes and praying  for me to get back into the clinic soon. I really appreciate the nice stranger that assisted me after I fell. I appreciate how nice and helpful my teachers were about getting me to the hospital and making arrangements and solutions for how I'm going to make the next few weeks work. I appreciate Tiffany for missing her clinic demo time to accompany me to the hospital and for telling me to stop looking at the enormous swelling of my wrist. I appreciate Sean for getting to me during rush hour and taking the morning off of work so he could stay with me at the hospital to take care of me and get my pain medication and comfort food. I appreciate my mom for not pointing out how preventable this would have been by wearing wrist guards. I appreciate Nassir, the maintenance man in my building who offered to get my groceries when I need them.

And I really appreciate John for missing his volleyball game to see me, and for bringing me flowers, buying me dinner, opening jars, cutting up my food, occasionally feeding me when my left hand got tired, listening to me cry, helping me get dressed and picking out clothes that are appropriate enough for me to dress myself for school, watching greys anatomy with me even though he probably doesn't like it, letting me try (and laughing at me) while I attempted to single-handedly put toothpaste on my toothbrush by myself, and for agreeing to wash/blowdry my hair everyday for the next six weeks or so.

1 comment:

  1. I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
    I got sunshine, in a bag
    I'm useless,but not for long
    The future is coming on
    I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
    I got sunshine, in a bag
    I'm useless, but not for long
    The future is coming on
    It's coming on
    It's coming on
    It's coming on

    Get Well Soon

    ReplyDelete