Saturday, May 15, 2010

Broken Bones: Day 2

My left hand is really picking up the slack.

But there are some things that I just can't do on my own yet. I had a great time watching and teaching my boyfriend blowdry my hair and put it in a ponytail. And I can't say he did a bad job!

There are some regular things that I've made adjustments to in my daily routine.
Instead of buttering my toast I have to toast my butter. This requires a lot of elbow movement. And laughter.

In my bitter moments (I'll be honest, sometimes I'm wreck.) I've been singing beyonce's "irreplaceable" to my wrist.

I keep making jokes about how I'm single-handedly doing things and in my percocet highs I think I am hilarious... Because.. I literally only have one hand.. To work with. HA!

(Percocets may or may not have been used in the making of this blog post)

Anyway, good news. All that milk I drink came in handy. The doctor said the break is a lot less dramatic than it should have been, therefore ill be cast-free in two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I got broken bones, not from the sticks and stones, but from the names that ya called me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, currently in a cast as well and know how difficult it is. I have a link for a cast cover I bought for the shower and it's amazing! I hope your not in too much pain,feel better.tippytop100@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete