Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'd Rather Pick Flowers Instead Of Fights

Talking only brings the toothaches on
Because I say the stupidest things
So if my result goes south
I'll swallow my pride with an Aspirin
And shut my mouth

There’s love to be found hidden somewhere between the noise corduroy pants make and knowing every line to her favorite movie. Being drunker than acceptable for a job interview, I explained on my application (under hobbies and interests) how I spent my time watching the sun stretch its way across my hardwood floor on Sunday mornings.
And there is something very real about 5:43 pm and learning something new. Like how far away the sun is from the earth. Or exactly how many steps (heel to toe) it takes to walk to the post office.
They never called me back
and I suppose that’s understandable
I never really wanted the job anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment