Wednesday, May 26, 2010

TLC

I hope that one day you will have the experience of doing something you do not understand for someone you love

Shows on TLC make me emotional. They are educational and inspirational and a lot of life lessons are learned. I especially like the shows about parenting. I used to watch shows like "A Baby Story" and "Super Nanny" and "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" when I was young. This may seem strange, but I wanted to be an obstetrician, and I also (as mentioned before) feel passionate about working with kids and encouraging and inspiring them. Super Nanny is a saint.

However, I just saw a commercial for the show "Toddlers in Tiaras" about kids beauty pageants and I saw a toddler-- more dolled up and dressed up at 3 years old than I have ever been in my life-- having a temper tantrum and yelling at her mother with a pacificer in her mouth.

These shows inspire me to be a good parent. Not anytime soon though. Maybe in a thousand years.

I hope that when I am a parent I don't speak to my children in third-person.

Marley wants her kids to learn proper grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment