Friday, February 26, 2010

Alone In A Crowded Room

[4/6]Once upon a time, the woman who had been a girl got on a boat to America and threw up the whole way, not because she was seasick but because she was pregnant. When she found out, she wrote to the boy. Every day she waited for a letter from him, but none came. She got bigger and bigger. She tried to hide it so she wouldn't lose her job at the dress factory where she worked. A few weeks before the baby was born, she got news from someone who heard they were killing Jews in Poland. "Where?" she asked, but no one knew where. She stopped going to work. She couldn't bring herself to get out of bed. After a week, the son of her boss came to see her. He brought her food to eat, and put a bouqet of flowers in a case by her bed. When he found out she was pregnant, he called a midwife. A baby boy was born. One day the girl sat up in bed and saw the son of her boss rocking her child in the sunlight. A few months later, she agreed to marry him. Two years later she had another child...

When you move away, people get used to life without you.

I've been packing up and throwing away things in my room. When they write my obituary, tomorrow, or the next day, it will say: MARLEY GROENEVELD IS SURVIVED BY A BEDROOM FULL OF SHIT

Funny, I saw my cousin yesterday, which I mentioned in yesterday's blog post. She gave a me a book of Pablo Neruda's poems, which I also mentioned yesterday. Law of attraction. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment