Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Opposite Of Disappearing

[2/6]Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl whose father was shrewd enough to scrounge all the zloty he had to send his youngest daughter to America. At first she refused to go, but the boy also knew enough to insist, swearing on his life that he'd earn some money and find a way to follow her. So she left. He got a job in the nearest city, working as a janitor in a hospital. At night he stayed up writing his book. He sent her a letter into which he'd copied eleven chapters in tiny handwriting. He wasn't even sure the mail would get through. He saved all of the money he could. one day he was laid off. No one said why. He returned home. In the summer of 1941, the Einsatzgruppen drove deeper east, killing hundreds of thousands of Jews. On a bright, hot day in July, they entered Slonim. At that hour, the boy happened to be lying on his back in the woods thinking about the girl. You could say it was his love for her that saved him. In the years that followed, the boy became a man, who became invisible. In this way, he escaped death...

Hi!
Does your life suck?
Nothing goes your way?
Is the entire world conspiring to make your life miserable?

NO IT ISN'T!
There's something making your life miserable but it's not the world.
IT'S YOU!

But don't worry! I've unlocked the secret to changing your life!
The secret to changing your life is to change yourself!
And the secret to changing yourself is to pretend that you've already changed.
And to do that you just need to lie to yourself and believe it long enough for it to be true!

You need to be able to say...
I AM GREAT
I AM DANGEROUS
You think you can keep up with me world?
WELL YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE I'M TOO DAMN FANTASTIC!

My first full day back in Edmonton. I went to the dentist. I went to a psychic. I ate soup with BFF. I worked out with said BFF until I was shaking and also craving chocolate badly. I went home and got my chocolate fix. I convinced a friend to drive me to St. Albert to surprise another BFF, Roma Sobieski, who is one day going to save the world. I brought her flowers and chocolate and homemade puffed wheat squares and we talked about our lives. I went to see Shutter Island which blew my mind.. more than finding out that Tuesdays means free popcorn at the theatre. I'm easy to please.

Edmonton-Marley is almost in full-blown effect, which means returning to Toronto-Marley is going to be a challenge, possibly painful, but as always, life changing. The recovery period is different every time.
Mama didn't come through with McDonalds breakfast yesterday morning. But she did come through with giant strawberries and a giant jar of nutella. I've forgotten all about groceries in bulk and large sizes!!! Toronto, what you've done to me!!!

PS, Did you know that when a person is tickled, their brain response is actually a form of panic? This makes so much sense to me. And gives me a huge feeling of nostalgia. I'm also craving cheezies.

I CANT STOP EATING!

The greatest commercial I have ever seen:
"Anything is possible when your man smells like old spice and not a lady. I'm on a horse"

No comments:

Post a Comment