Monday, February 1, 2010

Being In Love / Being In Denial

"I am doing something I hate for you. This is what it means to be in love."

Readers, how are you today? I know its only been a day since we last talked but I missed you so much! I love this relationship we are carrying on. Its one of the most precious things to me. Thank you for the encouragement, the texts, the emails, the anonymous messages-- except for the anonymous person emailing me about my Mom. I know she's hot, but she's very much taken... by my Dad.
While we're at it, please tell me your thoughts on which parent I resemble more, cause I have never understood:

_______________
I don't have any poetic ramblings on love or life or death or how I want you to be dangerous, but I will tell you that today... I am glowing. I could hardly sleep last night- not a big surprise for me- and I'm looking forward to the future. Although, future is a big word. You can't just throw that shit around. Its inevitable that the future is coming, and whether you like it or not you're going to be there too. Isn't it interesting how the people or things from the past really stick with you for all of your futures? As much as you say "its all in the past" that's only half true, because that's what made your present, which makes your future. Every moment before this one lead to this one.

Its February. A new month is always exciting to me. My music video with The Latency will premiere on Much Music soon. Do you know what else is coming up in the near future? ...Valentines day. Do you celebrate valentines day? Was it just a holiday made up to boost hallmark's revenue? Does it matter? I grew up excited for valentines day and its message of sharing love and showing appreciation. I don't see a point in changing my mind or "hating valentines day" just because I'm single. Really, single ladies? Just cause you don't have a man to put a ring on it, doesn't mean you should hate Vday. Is that a little discriminatory? I don't hate hannukah just because I'm not jewish! Anyway, if you celebrate valentines day, start thinking. You have 2 weeks. V-day is on a Sunday. Maybe celebrate on saturday.

Did you see the Grammy's?! Did you see what Lady Gaga was wearing? Did you see Taylor Swift win her FIRST Grammy?! Did you see Michael Jackson's kids' heartfelt speech? Did you see Beyonce doing an Alanis Morrissette cover?! ---I didn't. Because I was filming another comedy sketch with Comedy Made Short - which is awesome, by the way, and will be posted next week. But I DID youtube Gaga and Elton John's performance. I LOOVE that they sang "Speechless"together. This song does something to me. It's just that one lyric:
"I'll never talk again, oh boy you've left me speechless."
I love that feeling.

Something you may be interested in... Avatar 2?! Seriously!!
(You may recognize the poorly body-painted female avatar on the left)


Also, This past weekend, Tiffany and I de-cluttered our condo.
And by that I mean, I took down all of my disney stuff while Tiffany laughed and video taped it all. Everything. All of it. Gone.
Ladies and Gentleman, this weekend, I became a grown-up.
I know, it's about time.

Entertainment News
  • Beyonce made history as she took home 6 GRAMMY's last night.
  • Kristen Bell engaged to Dax Shepard 
  • Miss Virginia won the Miss. America beauty pageant this weekend
  • Rumored love interest between Glee's Cory Monteith and Taylor Swift
  • Two of my favorites! Lady Gaga and Bono have joined the lineup to remake “We are the World” today, which will help the earthquake survivors in Haiti. Kanye West, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, and Miley Cyrus are a few of the artists already on board.

2 comments:

  1. Fact: Your Dad
    Fact: Mom's should just be off limits on creepy messages.

    Highlight: Lil' Wayne, Eminem, Drake, Travis Barker

    Valentines: Don't hate it, but love it when the thought of VD manifests itself on other days of the year, when it isn't named. Planned or unexpected.

    Avatar 2: LOL! James Cameron sure cut back on the budget and lines for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your dad's eyes.

    AVATAR 2!!! Hahhahahh that made my day.

    ReplyDelete