Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Free Falling

I'm about one more song, and one drink, and one more smile away from asking if I can call you to keep you up at night.

I'm 4 days away from being finished a third of my post secondary education. I'm 4 days away from being back in the arms of my family and best friends in Edmonton. I'm 4 days away from being a new kind of homesick, and missing Toronto. In 4 days I will be on a plane again, rethinking my life and writing it all down, anticipating the warm moments with my family and friends who I won't see again for another 6 months after this vacation is over. I wonder if I'll find sleeping easier on the other side of the country. I'd really like to sleep through the night for once, and not wake up aching. It's really taking its toll on me. One day, if I break down and start crying in pain, its because I'm exhausted and my body hates me. (Dear Tiffany, this is what you have to look forward to. xo!)

My mom is very excited for me to come home. Everytime I talk to her on the phone she tells me how much she's looking forward to me packing up my room and officially moving out. She's knocking down the walls of my bedroom and turning everything into a big open room/hallway where she can put her office. This stresses me out, but I don't have time to be stressed out. I suppose that I never have time to be stressed out, so I will continue to ignore it.

My mother is one of the most clear headed people I know. It makes me wonder how I became so scatterbrained, and I'm certain- no, I'm positive- that she asks herself the same thing. Something will seem overwhelming to me, just crushing and frustrating and my mother will break it into its parts and show me that it isn't anything. Also, it was my mother who first introduced me to rap music. She sounds nice, doesn't she?

My mother could kick your ass, though, make no mistake. I love her very much.

Here's this week's Comedy Made Short:


Today's Entertainment News
  • Rumors of Leonardo DiCaprio engaged are false. 
  • Nicole Ritchie and Joel Madden, however, ARE engaged

No comments:

Post a Comment